Thursday, August 1, 2013

Nice to Meet You!

Hello! How are you doing today? Enjoying the first day of August, the last rush before back to school and the end of yet another summer vacation? I hope so!

Let me introduce myself. My name is Jessica, and I am a single, stay at home (for the moment) mom of a wonderful soon-to-be one year old named Matthew. My background is in Special Education and Psychology, and that is truly where my passions lie. But basically I am a sucker for kids of all ages, especially the little ones - and now that I have a little monkey of my own, my artsy-craftsy teacher self has fully emerged. My poor son is going to go to preschool with a "been there done that" attitude that I am sure is going to bother his teachers down the line! And while being a single, stay at home mom doesn't lend itself to extravagant spending, we do eat healthy - enough so that one of Matthew's favorite lunchtime meals is toasted whole wheat bread smeared with hummus and topped with a slice of cheese. Yup, I'm turning him into "that kid". You know, "that kid" at school who doesn't eat white bread, candy or soda and actually plays outdoors instead of on a computer or gadget. Don't let your kids pick on him, 'kay? Haha, okay, thanks!

So what is the point of this blog? I wanted a place where I can vent about the difficulties of raising a very smart, strong willed, independent little boy all by myself. But I also wanted a place where I can share my ideas - crafts, recipes, activities - with like-minded people. And let's be honest, sometimes I just want to talk to other grown ups!

So that's that. I hope you keep coming back, because I know this journey is going to be a blast!
Until then, please take a look at a jewelry site I manage: Le Beau Papillon I have reasonable prices, trendy styles, and a constantly changing catalog of pieces for me to pick from. So if there are items you really like, or ones you don't, just give me a heads up and I will tailor the site to you, my buying audience! Thanks so much :-D

2 comments: